Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Current obsessions

Libby is obsessed with kitties these days. Shortly after Maeby died, we got three new furbies, Roxy, Penny, and Ginger. Libby squeals the second she sees them and smothers them with love. She hefts the kittens under her arms like she carries her baby dolls. Along those lines, Libby is also crazy for babies. She coos over them, kisses them, and pets them. If she doesn't know a word for something, she calls it a "baby." I think she's going to be in heaven when her new cousin arrives (as will the rest of us)! Travis has become fixated by ceiling fans. When he walks into any room, he turns on the fan... and insists that it stays on. If we turn a fan off because it's too cold or we aren't in that room, he makes a big stink and turns it back on. It would be irritating if it weren't so funny. Travis makes us laugh every time he prays, "...Please bless the baby in Coco's tummy. Please bless that we can swim in the pool today. Please bless that the great summer fans will stay on..." Jamin loves all things summer, especially our garden. He inspects it every day and is eager to pick anything remotely ripe. Most of our tomatoes haven't made it past him. And he's very excited that our raspberries are beginning to ripen. Fruits and vegetables are like a drug to this child, particularly watermelon. Jamin would literally eat an entire watermelon in one sitting if we let him. As he puts it, "I just love red fruits and veggies too much!" As for me, I'm usually able to schedule in a couple hours each day to head to the gym. The kids have a blast in their childcare room. And I love knowing they're having fun while I get some time to work on myself. Listening to audiobooks while I exercise makes it even better. Right now, I'm listening to The Scarlet Pimpernel. Librivox + gym = my happy place. Scott's happy place is a little greener. He gets antsy if he hasn't golfed in a while. When 18 holes aren't in order, a driving range works just fine. If all else fails, he putts in the back yard. (It's actually really cute-- he enlists the boys to retrieve his golf balls, and they eagerly help.) I adore how much Scott loves to play. Give him a ball, and he's a kid again.